It's important to know there are three types of error categories, each with their own page in this guide:
- Hardware Errors (This page) This is when there is an issue with the actual Cronus Zen itself, such as error codes and a blank OLED screen.
- Firmware Errors This is when there is an issue when using the Firmware Update Tool, such as Device Not Found, 0.0.0 error, and network errors.
- Zen Studio Errors This is when there is an issue when using Zen Studio , such as Device Disconnected, registration issues, and unable to download GamePacks.
Before doing anything else, watch this video first, it will clarify pretty much everything.
Before you start, it's crucial to be aware of the following when recovering from an error:
- USB Cables: Check that they work and firmly connected. The best way to test is to connect your controller directly to your PC or console and see if it detects correctly.
- No Scripts or GamePacks: Ensure no Scripts or GamePacks are loaded. Why? Because sometimes, these can be the cause behind the fault you’re wrestling with. If you find a script or GamePack causing havoc, give a shout out to its creator to get any bugs squashed.
- Protect Your MK Profiles: Ensure that all MK profiles are securely backed up, to avoid losing any of your tailored settings.
- Script Safeguarding: Unfortunately, scripts cannot be backed up directly. Ensure that you retain a separate copy of any script you've been utilizing to avoid any potential gaming disruptions.
OK, let's get after it....
E3 error codes, like E3001 or E3002, signal a system crash caused by specific events. Fortunately, they can usually can be easily recovered by simply unplugging all USB cables from the Zen for at least 10 seconds, then reconnect.
The most common triggers behind these errors are:
- USB Cable Check: Always double-check that all USB cables and connections to the Zen and the controller are confirmed working and secure.
- Faulty Scripts: The primary offender. For issues here, you'll need to reach out to the script's creator. Remember, we provide GamePacks, not scripts.
- Unsupported Device: Ensure your controller/mouse/keyboard is compatible with Zen.
- Misconnected Hardware: Even supported controllers can cause errors if plugged into the wrong USB port.
If one of these consistently triggers an error, congrats! you've nailed down the issue. Simply do not use the unsupported hardware or scripts and everything should work as expected.
Stack & Bytecode underflow, overflow errors are commonly associated with using a GamePack or Script designed for a different firmware.
- Perform a Hard Reset
- Program Firmware using Zen Studio
- Program any GamePack to memory slot 1.
- Test In-Game
Tested working? Great! You have solved the problem, and you can continue gaming. 🚀
- This usually means the PC USB port isn't getting enough power. Try another USB port, or a powered USB hub like the Cronus MK Switch.
- It can also mean you have Windows USB driver issues. Here's a screenshot of the built-in Windows drivers used by Cronus Zen for your reference.
If the OLED screen is blank when you connect Zen to a PC or CONSOLE from the CONSOLE/PC or PROG USB port, unfortunately your Cronus Zen is defective and needs to be replaced.
Check out this video – it’s a top watch for anyone keen on a visual guide on applying all known fixes for every possible Cronus Zen error.
Still Not Working? 😲
If your Zen's pulling a vanishing act with a blank OLED, skipping the RGB LED party, or flat out refusing to reset, that’s a huge bummer because it sounds like it’s developed a fault. DON'T PANIC!
Here's Your Game Plan:
- Warranty Wonders: Bought directly from cronus.shop? The warranty is between 90 days and 1 year depending on the package you purchased. But if you snagged yours from another store like GameStop, you might have a 30-day warranty. Sweet deal if you've just unboxed. Within 30 days? You're set for a new replacement or a refund, whichever you prefer.
- Passed the Warranty Deadline? We've Got a Plan B: This Extended Warranty Service is here to the rescue. Doesn't matter when or where you got it - GameStop, Amazon....anywhere! we’ve got you covered. 🚑
Let's get you back in the game!